New "weather forecast" from Tiobe

tchaloupka chalucha at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 11:36:09 UTC 2020

On Monday, 10 February 2020 at 10:44:14 UTC, Martin Tschierschke
wrote:
> I just got a little shock looking at the Tiobe Index,
> after the rise of Ds position in the last months into the top
> 20 again,
> I scrolled down to place 15 (Ruby) on my phone and looked to
> 16,17,18,19,20 no D lang anymore. Hmm, what has happened? D
> stands at 14 !
>
> I took the word "weather forecast", because I wish you not to
> complain about the inaccuracy of this index, just be happy for
> a little sunshine :-)
>
> Question: Would it be possible to a get an update on download
> stats from Andrei Alexandrescu?  Last Update September 2019:
> http://erdani.com/d/downloads.daily.png

A'd like to see that updated too.

Meanwhile if you want some github star stats, these can be handy:
https://star-history.t9t.io/#dlang/dmd

But if you want "weather to stay shiny", don't combine it with
rust-lang/rust or even nim-lang/nim ;-)