DIP 1030--Named Arguments--Community Review Round 1 Discussion

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 09:15:05 UTC 2020

On Monday, 10 February 2020 at 21:29:41 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:

> Yes, I have encounter the "API breakage" counter argument in
> other threads already. Still not convinced that it is a big
> issue as they make it out to be.

I don't know since when you are around in D-land, but I'm here
since pre-1.0. Not ad hominem, but believe me, I think it's
difficult to understand the immane efforts to convince the
leadership that breakage for a solid reason is not an evil thing.

The pendulum is waving between "breakage is not even taken in
account" to "let's introduce more ways to have MORE breakage
opportunity in the future".

Maybe it's not a "bit issue" for someone, Walter included, but
that's non sense, plain and simple.

Until I will see a shift from 'virtual by default' to 'final by
default' mentality, aka let's try to reduce FUTURE opportunity
for breakage, I will push toward that direction.

/P