DIP 1030--Named Arguments--Community Review Round 1 Discussion

JN 666total at wp.pl
Wed Feb 12 21:52:10 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 12 February 2020 at 21:47:12 UTC, Sasha wrote:
> But one thing that called my attention is that for what I see
> C++ doesn't has this feature, and proposes were rejected
> because the problems that would be created with this feature.
>
> Sasha.

Which pretty much doesn't exist in the existing languages that
have named arguments, be it C#.

At most you just add a note in release notes about the functions
being renamed.

I could see it an issue in dynamic languages like Python, because
such a change could pass silently and then crash your program in
runtime. But in D it just wouldn't compile, so it's an easy fix.