DIP 1031--Deprecate Brace-Style Struct Initializers--Community Review Round 1 Discussion

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 08:22:19 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 13 February 2020 at 07:30:49 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 February 2020 at 07:29:00 UTC, Mike Parker
> wrote:
>>
>> However, if you have any specific feedback for how to improve
>> the the proposal itself, then please post it in the feedback
>> thread. The feedback thread will be the source for the review
>> summary I write at the end of this review round. I will post a
>> link to that thread immediately following this post.
>
> The Feedback thread is here:
>
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/iywiuqqmevdghgbyrved@forum.dlang.org

It makes me a little sad to read "With the adoption of named
argument lists ..."

I'm wondering if discussing about the opportunity or not to add a
feature worths the time, as every decision seems already taken 'a
priori'.

Anyway, as it seems that named arguments is 'de-facto' approved,
this DIP is the natural consequence, so that's fine.