DIP 1031--Deprecate Brace-Style Struct Initializers--Community Review Round 1 Discussion

Donald donald at outlook.com
Thu Feb 13 14:41:48 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 13 February 2020 at 07:29:00 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

Well first I'm not against this, but one thing that called my
attention is that a while ago Manu proposed a DIP which was
rejected
(https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/c0c1c9f9665e0bc1db611f4e93e793d64451f763/DIPs/rejected/DIP1016.md)

In that case Walter/Andrei bashed that DIP for lack of
rationale/description/cases and so on.

I remember Andrei telling in this Forum, how a DIP should be
written and he asked for a professional analysis and so on.

Now this DIP is very thin (I think it couldn't fill a A4 paper)
and I'm seeing this trending in every Walter's DIP.

I mean the example shouldn't be set from they?