newCTFE Status February 2020

Petar Petar
Fri Feb 14 08:51:58 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 11 February 2020 at 20:45:26 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> Hi People,
>
> I promised that newCTFE would be released in 2020 and so far it
> seems like I am going to make it!
>
> The current and hopefully last big feature I am implementing is
> exception handling.
>
> Recently I've had a breakthrough, because I realized that
> exception handling is very close to interrupts.
> Since that realization progress is happing rapidly.
>
> I hope to be able to present it at dconf 2020.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stefan

Hi Stefan, that's awesome news indeed!

Where can we check your latest version of newCTFE?
Can you (do you have) a open PR, so we can check the relative
changes to the rest of dmd?

Would it be possible to start merging smaller parts of your work,
in order to avoid having one mega PR that's hard to rebase?

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Petar