DIP 1031--Deprecate Brace-Style Struct Initializers--Community Review Round 1 Discussion

jxel jxel at gmall.com
Sat Feb 15 17:58:57 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 15 February 2020 at 15:03:56 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> From Walter's perspective it makes sense to want to limit the
> surface area of potential new bugs when you don't have the
> support to back you up.

OK now let's not get too carried away. If that was even something
Walter was considering he wouldn't be maintaining his own
backend. I've come across a few code gen bugs, and they aren't
fun to diagnose and fix especially with how poor quality the
backend code is. Some 20 years of legacy ported from C over those
years.