DIP 1031--Deprecate Brace-Style Struct Initializers--Community Review Round 1 Discussion

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Feb 15 23:54:17 UTC 2020

>  From the perspective of the user, the complications in the compiler or library
> are of zero significance.

The complication is in the language. This affects the user:

1. the language is larger
2. user has to decide "should I do it the A way or the B way?"
3. documentation is longer
4. anyone writing a book/tutorial on D has to become proficient with it
5. introduces bugs (such as the one just noticed that the { } allows access to
private fields)

It is not at all zero.