Dmd regressions - could use some help!

RazvanN razvan.nitu1305 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 05:51:05 UTC 2020

On Friday, 14 February 2020 at 04:15:42 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 February 2020 at 09:20:09 UTC, Walter Bright
> wrote:
>> https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=regression&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=230104&query_format=advanced
>>
>> Could use help in the form of using git bisect to determine
>> which PR produced the regression. This can help isolate the
>> reasons much faster!
>
> What regression bug is the easiest one to start working on for
> newbies like me?

If you were referring to actually fixing the regression and not
discover the offending PR, then I suggest that you pick one that
pinpoints the PR that caused it and try to understand what
changes led to it. Once you do that, in most cases, the fix
should be straightfoward, by adding a check for the missing bits.