Documentation Improvement Initiative

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 12:16:26 UTC 2020

Preliminary discussions are underway for a new event to encourage
improvements to documentation across the D ecosystem. I can't
provide any details yet because the details aren't yet fixed. I
don't even know for sure it's going to happen.

However, the best way to make it happen is for us to have a solid
set of well-defined documentation tasks. Putting that together is
going to require help from the community. All of us have
encountered areas where improvement is needed in the spec, the
Phobos docs, and docs for dub, vibe.d, and many other tools and
projects around the D ecosystem. Some of it has made it into
Bugzilla (which will be mined for material), but much of it has
been buried in the forum archives or evaporated into the ether
from the IRC/Discord/Slack channels.

This thread is a place to collect your documentation pain in one
place. I'm about to publish a blog post announcing this (a few
minutes after I hit 'Send' on this post):

http://dlang.org/blog/2020/02/17/news-update-swag…on-help-and-more/

As I mention there, we need you to be as specific as you can.
What, specifically, is missing? What is unclear? What is
incorrect? Give as much detail as you can. We want to be able to
gather this info and define specific documentation tasks that
anyone can step in and complete with the information provided.

Any project in the D ecosystem is fair game. So please help us
out and tell us how D documentation can be improved for you.

If you feel the urge to wax philosophical on something you see
here, please start a new thread and do all the philosophical
waxing you want there. Let's keep this one focused on listing
specific documentation issues. Do feel free to expand on any post
here with information you think is relevant.

Thanks!