Documentation Improvement Initiative

bachmeier no at spam.net
Mon Feb 17 15:09:39 UTC 2020

On Monday, 17 February 2020 at 12:16:26 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> This thread is a place to collect your documentation pain in
> one place.

I once tried to use std.socket:
https://dlang.org/phobos/std_socket.html

Although it does link to a couple of examples, they don't have
any explanation, so I gave up. An example where you're up and
running in five minutes using Dub would be really nice. It's
pretty clear that the documentation for std.socket assumes the
user has learned sockets programming in another language before
coming to D. We should remove that prerequisite.