No VS solution files for Druntime and phobos?

Petar Petar
Tue Feb 18 06:31:53 UTC 2020

On Monday, 17 February 2020 at 21:40:42 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
> It seems so strange that there is a vs solution file for dmd,
> but not for Druntime and phobos? How the heck am I suppose to
> debug the Druntime in VS then?
>

> -Alex

@rainers has created a repo that contains project files for
druntime and phobos, in addition to dmd:
https://github.com/rainers/dlangvs

The dlangvs repo has the upstream D repos included as git
submodules, so if you clone it recursively:

git clone --recurse-submodules
https://github.com/rainers/dlangvs.git

It should all work™ (though I haven't tried it, since I haven't
used Windows for development in a long time and when I did I was
using WSL).

Since the git submodules by definition are locked a particular
version, you will need to
update them to the latest one, which could be done like so:

git submodule update --remote