DMD backend quality (Was: Re: DIP 1031--Deprecate Brace-Style Struct Initializers--Community Review Round 1 Discussion)

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Feb 18 08:07:42 UTC 2020

On 2/17/2020 11:57 PM, Basile B. wrote:
> No I say that some are not counted because they left github. For example me, I'm
> not in the list, despite of 80+ commits in DMD.

Oh, I see. So it's an undercount, the actual number of contributors is higher.

Anyhow, I can see becoming an inactive github user, but why leave, especially
since github contributions can be a great asset for your resume? A number of
significant D contributors have been able to leverage that into getting well
compensated positions, a result I'm pretty proud of. I like to see you guys
being successful.