What to do about stale or abandoned dub packages?

ShadoLight ettienne.gilbert at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 12:54:24 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 18 February 2020 at 12:48:58 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> 1) We can allow others to take ownership of packages in cases
> like dlangui (manual process and requires getting the right
> people to agree)

Can you elaborate? Does this requires getting agreement from the
original author? How will this work when the person has
disappeared?

Not forked on http://code.dlang.org/. Forked on github i.e.
https://github.com/buggins/dlangui/network/members

> 3) There has been desire and attempts to get all packages
> tested automatically, this would solve most problems.

This is already done. This is how I know these packages fail to
build. This just demonstrates the problem - it doesn't solve it.