DMD backend quality (Was: Re: DIP 1031--Deprecate Brace-Style Struct Initializers--Community Review Round 1 Discussion)

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Tue Feb 18 15:50:58 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 18 February 2020 at 15:41:36 UTC, bachmeier wrote:

> DMD already exists, nobody's forced to use it, and I doubt it's
> sucking any resources away from LDC.

Is there one thing DMD does better, that is being able to debug
with Visual Studio. With DMD you get full debugging information
including locals, almost as you were debugging a C++ program.
When I compile with LDC I just get basic debugging information. I
presume that this is because LDC emits a different debugging
format.