Documentation Improvement Initiative

bachmeier no at spam.net
Tue Feb 18 16:16:40 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 18 February 2020 at 15:42:18 UTC, Jan Hönig wrote:
> For beginners, a more used wiki with concentrated information
> would be great.

I strongly agree with this. D's website is oriented towards
search, which is a good way to find information if you know what
you're looking for, but that's hardly optimal for a beginner. For
some reason our wiki isn't used much, so we only have ourselves
to blame.

Maybe part of a documentation improvement initiative is finding
ways to encourage wiki contributions contribute more to the wiki.
Maybe it's because people think you need special authority to
post things there. Honestly, there's a lot of stuff in the learn
forum that deserves to be organized and put on the wiki IMO.

The important question is: What is not on the wiki that should be
there?