SumType in Phobos?

Petar Petar
Wed Feb 19 16:45:06 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 19 February 2020 at 16:31:25 UTC, Rumbu wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 February 2020 at 08:23:57 UTC, Petar Kirov
> [ZombineDev] wrote:
>
>> In summary, I believe that Phobos needs to grow up and break
>> free from the compiler releases and go become a dub package.
>

> This is a bad idea. I survived until today without dub and I
> intend to avoid it in the future.

As I mentioned in other posts, Phobos can and will be distributed
as part of compiler releases even if it becomes a dub package.
The most important thing is to separate the releases so that
projects have the option to upgrade std at their own pace and not
be forced to endure breaking changes in Phobos, whenever they
need to upgrade their compiler.