DIP 1030--Named Arguments--Community Review Round 1 Discussion

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 19:15:26 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 19 February 2020 at 19:13:01 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
>>      dup2(src: a, dst: b);
>
> Named arguments are completely unnecessary in such a situation.
> The list of arguments is short enough that it's trivial to know
> which is which and what they're for.

Eh, the thing with these is it is really easy to do it backwards.

I come from intel assembly so I always think it is `mov dst,
src`. Unless it is `cp src dst` which is the one exception baked
into my brain.

So listing it here can legitimately be useful as a reminder when
you aren't sure which style this particular function used.