Documentation Improvement Initiative

Les De Ridder les at lesderid.net
Thu Feb 20 00:11:58 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 19 February 2020 at 16:37:41 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 February 2020 at 11:15:33 UTC, Les De Ridder
> wrote:
>> A large part of this can probably be fixed through CSS
>> changes, though.
>
> [...]
>
> So I'd prefer specific fix ideas over general "I don't like
> this" things.

I don't particularly feel like bikeshedding too much about what it
should look like, I'm not great at UI design. That said, I think
the
design of the current official docs is pretty good and fits in
well with
the rest of dlang.org.

Some of the things that I think would help: add more padding,
simplify
the colour scheme, use monospaced fonts, use less bold fonts.

Examples after fiddling around with the CSS for a couple minutes:

Before: https://u.sicp.me/m2sMw.png
After: https://u.sicp.me/ieJht.png
Official docs: https://u.sicp.me/kzZTg.png

(Maybe we ought to move this to a seperate thread or to
IRC/Slack?)