SumType in Phobos?

Panke tobias at pankrath.net
Thu Feb 20 09:03:32 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 19 February 2020 at 17:33:11 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> Personally, I don't think it's possible to make a dub package
> "more obvious" than a standard library module, no matter how
> many shiny stickers you put on it. So, given that Algebraic is
> already in Phobos, and likely to remain there for a long time,
> I think the most sensible path forward is for SumType, or
> something like it, to be added alongside it.
>
> [1]
> https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/mastering-the-c17/9781787126824/c6737dd3-47fa-4719-a459-72afac90857c.xhtml

I agree to the hole post, both that we need such vocabulary types
in phobos (e.g. I want all serialization libraries to 'just work'
with sumtype) and that there is no better place for
discoverability than phobos.

The question is how do we mature projects to a point where we can
put them into phobos and that could be similar to the process I
linked to.