Documentation Improvement Initiative

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 10:21:25 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 19 February 2020 at 16:37:41 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 February 2020 at 11:15:33 UTC, Les De Ridder
> wrote:
>> A large part of this can probably be fixed through CSS
>> changes, though.
>
> If you send me a concept sketch or css suggestion we can talk
> about it.
>
> I have a somewhat long list of things that I'm not happy with,
> though any fix for those needs to not break the things that do
> work... and the problem I've had isn't so much identifying the
> problems as finding the solutions.
>
> So I'd prefer specific fix ideas over general "I don't like
> this" things.

My general problem with most docs is that I actually prefer the
"one big page" approach per-module. The practical relationships
between functions, objects, methods and members often aren't
hierarchical and it's so much easier to get an overview by
scrolling through a larger page.

The same reason applies to why I almost never use code-folding in
an editor.