Removing libdparse dependency from DLS

Basile . b2.temp at gmx.com
Fri Feb 21 07:55:07 UTC 2020

On Friday, 21 February 2020 at 05:37:53 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> On 21/02/2020 6:21 PM, Basile B. wrote:
>> If you drop dparse and dsymbol then DCD is an empty shell that
>> only handles the requests and their serialization. Why keeping
>> this ? That are other ways of implementing an IPC than
>> sockets, that were never done in DCD (shared memory, standard
>> IO).
>
> Lets not break existing tooling just because we can.
>
> New IO methods can be added later.

Let's say but the most important point I would say then is to
stop using dsymbol.
That was the principal idea raised by my first answer. for DCD
both dparse and dsymbol must be droped, otherwise it'll end up
with the same limitation as the actual ones.