Removing libdparse dependency from DLS

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Feb 21 12:51:25 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-20 21:53, Laurent Tréguier wrote:

>  From what I recall, the necessary changes to DMD would be:
> - Removing any remaining global state. I don't know what the status of
> global state in DMD is nowadays. Although this might not be "necessary",
> it's always good to know that we can safely repeat calls to some APIs
> and always get the same output, without interference from some internal
> variables.

Still an issue. There are some APIs to reset the state to it's original
state of the globals but they're not complete.

> - Being able to fully control the standard input and output. When I
> tried to use DMD, there were some places where it was impossible to
> prevent DMD from using stdout IIRC. This is really critical, as standard
> input/output is the way language servers are used 99% of the time, and
> thus they need 110% control over stdin/stdout.

Still an issue. There are other issue like it's not possible to
configure the compiler to read everything from memory, for example.
Regular imports and import expressions will be read from disk.

--
/Jacob Carlborg