DMD backend quality (Was: Re: DIP 1031--Deprecate Brace-Style Struct Initializers--Community Review Round 1 Discussion)

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Feb 21 20:50:42 UTC 2020

On 2/21/2020 11:16 AM, jxel wrote:
> So how do you get that I have a problem with rebasing from the DMD backend being
> buggy, a damn mess of code with no documentation, and there's really only one
> person maintaining it but they are too busy doing other things to bother doing
> work on the backend and related PRs, and that it should be replaced with LLVM
> because of a long list of benefits that outweighs the cons?
You can always start contributing in a positive manner by addressing the issues
that matter to you. This is an open source project. If you want currency,
contribute. Not contributing coupled with relentless complaining moves you to
the bottom of the list of people we listen to.

 > My mind is shattered with the ki d of mental gymnastics that you have had to pull

More friendly advice: berating people isn't going to work here. It's not like
you're paying anyone.