Documentation Improvement Initiative

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 20:54:09 UTC 2020

On Friday, 21 February 2020 at 19:27:51 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Yeah, the one-page doc is nicer because you can actually search
> for keywords on the page and find what you want, instead of
> having to click on who knows how many links just to get to the
> one place you already know is there.

But on the other hand, external search engines do a very poor job
actually getting you there.

That's why my site does a bit of both: dpldocs.info/std.ascii
will search for you, the module page has an overview listing of
members, and you have clear URLs for outside linking.

Even on the current dlang.org site, the ddox versions are more
likely to pop up on outside web searches than the ddoc single
page one!