Hosting dub packages on public Heptapod instances?

Gregor Mückl gregormueckl at gmx.de
Sat Feb 22 12:29:17 UTC 2020

Hi!

The dub registry is currently only allowing package hosting on
github, gitlab or bitbucket. This is incredibly limited and does
not allow packages hosted elsewhere. This choice also limits dub
to git repositories although it handles e.g. Mercurial just fine
in practice. At the minimum I'd like to see support for gitlab or
Heptapod instances other than just gitlab.com. My personal
motivation is that I had to move my publicly visible projects
from Bitbucket to my own Heptapod instance recently because
Atlassian has arbitrary decided to delete a ton of projects from
Bitbucket.

Let's assume for a moment that a PR could be provided that adds
this support. Would you want to have that feature in the dub
registry in principle?