printf format string validation is here

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Sat Feb 22 15:05:28 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 22 February 2020 at 08:06:59 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> Is it time to throw old VS support under the bus?

I've been advocating that for years, due to the MSVC 2015 runtime
finally featuring near-complete C99 standard compliance and thus
vastly simplifying portability and rendering previous workarounds
and test special cases in druntime/Phobos obsolete. LDC has been
requiring MSVC 2015+ for years.

That said, Rainer went to great lengths to maintain support with
pre-UCRT due to the ease of redistribution (bundling 1 DLL vs.
potential UCRT Windows component installation), so dumping it now
just because of `%z` seems excessive to me.