I want off Mr. Golang's Wild Ride

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Feb 29 15:15:51 UTC 2020

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 08:56:36AM +0000, Ron Tarrant via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> I tried Go a while back, but when I found that it enforces K&R style
> to the point of issuing errors if I used Allman-style curly braces, I
> just lost interest.
>
> Yeah, it doesn't take much. :)

For me, the fact the Go didn't (and still doesn't) have generics is a
showstopper for me. I just can't imagine writing / maintaining code of
any non-trivial size without generics of *some* sort.  I'm the kinda guy
who's into heavy meta-programming, so having no generics whatsoever is
just ... unpalatable.

With D, though, I'm in metaprogramming heaven with templates, static
if/foreach, CTFE, and string mixins. :-P

Almost all proofs have bugs, but almost all theorems are true. -- Paul Pedersen