DIP 1028---Make @safe the Default---Community Review Round 1

12345swordy alexanderheistermann at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 14:39:56 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 2 January 2020 at 09:47:48 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> This is the feedback thread for the first round of Community
> Review for DIP 1028, "Make @safe the Default":
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/1b705f8d4faa095d6d9e3a1b81d6cfa6d688554b/DIPs/DIP1028.md
>
> All review-related feedback on and discussion of the DIP should
> occur in this thread. The review period will end at 11:59 PM ET
> on January 16, or when I make a post declaring it complete.
>
> At the end of Round 1, if further review is deemed necessary,
> the DIP will be scheduled for another round of Community
> Review. Otherwise, it will be queued for the Final Review and
> Formal Assessment.
>
> Anyone intending to post feedback in this thread is expected to
> be familiar with the reviewer guidelines:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/docs/guidelines-reviewers.md
>
> *Please stay on topic!*
>
> Thanks in advance to all who participate.
This dip, doesn't describe how to make the destroy function for
classes safe, as the class deconstructors don't inherent the
attributes from the parent class. This issue is major blocking
point on why I don't use D for serious software development for
gaming development.(It also the reason why you can't call the
destroy function for classes in nogc and nothrow context either)

-Alex