DIP 1028---Make @safe the Default---Community Review Round 1

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 14:14:00 UTC 2020

On Friday, 3 January 2020 at 11:29:47 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Buffer overflows (memory unsafety) are consistently at the top
> of the list of bugs leading to vulnerable software.

You should try this new programming language I like a lot. It has
built in range checking on this cool feature called slices.

Instead of C style array, you slice the pointer and then the
language knows the length and will check it on any access,
throwing a range error if you go out of bounds. And with its
built in dynamic arrays they are all slices so you don't even
need to think about it.

It is an awesome programming language and solves these problems
with almost zero programming effort! Check it out some time at
https://dlang.org/