DIP 1028---Make @safe the Default---Community Review Round 1

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 05:43:25 UTC 2020

On Friday, 3 January 2020 at 05:57:09 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 January 2020 at 09:47:48 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> This is the feedback thread for the first round of Community
>> Review for DIP 1028, "Make @safe the Default":
>>
>> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/1b705f8d4faa095d6d9e3a1b81d6cfa6d688554b/DIPs/DIP1028.md
>>

> I think the DIP should specify the depreciation plan. Currently
> it only mentions it would be available through --preview (is it
> not expect to go further?

Another thought to depreciation, the compiler could deprecated
system functions which aren't marked @system.

This depreciation would ignore all method calls. This basically
means functions utilizing unsafe language features must declare
that use in the signature.

The next part I'll need to think on is if there is a way to build
out the @trusted annotations.