Thank You - 2019 Edition
unknown at dummyaddress.org
Sun Jan 5 15:08:40 UTC 2020
Hello D community in the new year!
It may look a little bit silly to write such a post, but
Christmas and New Year time encouraged me to do it regardless :)
I wanted to send it before the last year was over, but anyway,
"better late than never" (I hope I didn't overlook similar
thread, I had busy time and so had to skip a lo of posts lately).
So below is my subjective list of people to whom I would like to
send special thanks for they great gift they gave to the D
- Walter Bright - You are the best SW engineer I have had a
chance to know. It amazes me a lot how much I learned from your
- Alexandru Alexandrescu - How much you invested in the D
language is remarkable (both work and money). As a human I am
happy you put your family first. I'm sending the greeting to you
and your family.
- Mike Franklin - So grateful for your improvements of D
abilities for embedded systems. I would like to apologize I
didn't have a chance to support your work as I wanted.
- Iain Buclaw - I'm convinced that your dedication and hard work
for including D language in GCC would increase D adoption
substantially. You are a SW developer with exceptional skills.
- Manu Evans - You are always ready to provide improvements and
critics regardless the time it will take to be considered. I
always remember your entertaining talk from Dconf 2013.
- Steven Schveighoffer, Jonathan M Davis, Atila Neves, Sebastian
Wilzbach, Brian Schott, Rainer Schuetze - Without your high
quality work D programs would be nothing but academic toys.
- Laeeth Isharc - For supporting D community and investing money
and corporate assets to share D language advantages with wider
audience. I see your comments and views as very constructive
always taking into account broader context.
- Mike Parker - For doing marketing and management hard work. You
have a great impact of keeping our community in a good shape.
- Vladimir Panteleev - Your tools are engineering masterpiece.
I'm thankful you are a member of the D key contributors.
- Adam D. Ruppe - I always see you as a magician programmer. You
created so many cool and edge bleeding D libraries that are also
very useful at the same time.
- Ilya Yaroshenko - For creating amazing math/algebra libraries
that can allow D numerical programs to be both convenient and
performant. More than rocket science.
For sure I didn't disclose all people in the above list. Most
probably there are those brave men who provided bug fixes and are
outside the spotlight. That's why I would like to thank all
contributors who voluntary joined those challenging efforts to
develop the best programming ecosystem I know.
I wish you all the best in the future :)
More information about the Digitalmars-d