nothrow by default

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 07:45:31 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 5 January 2020 at 20:22:14 UTC, JN wrote:
> **Why does Go not have feature X?**

Oh, now I remember why I completely lost faith in the Go language
designers.

I asked for asserts, and they absolutely refused and said that
they would never add asserts because some programmers might use
it to handle errors... therefore nobody should have them.

So, not having exceptions makes error-handling so tedious that
some programmers will use asserts to check errors... therefore Go
also could not have asserts.

Completely backwards and arcane mentality? I think so.