std.fileformats?

berni44 dlang at d-ecke.de
Mon Jan 6 19:40:10 UTC 2020

In Phobos there are several toplevel modules which each are about
one special file format. Wouldn't it be better to put them all
into std.fileformats (or some similar place)?

std.base64
std.csv
std.json
std.xml
std.zip

If yes, there are some more questions poping up:

a) Should we use the change to replace some of the modules? At
least for std.xml I found std-experimental-xml [1], which seems
to be thought to replace xml eventually. And there are lot's of
packages which address json. I don't know if there is one, which
is *the* candidate for replacement.

b) Should we instead remove some of these? Probably std.zip is
here the first candidate. (I put some work in it in the last few
weeks, but it would be fine for me throwing this away.)

It's on a gut level - just wondering, what you think about this.

[1] https://code.dlang.org/packages/std-experimental-xml