DIP 1028---Make @safe the Default---Community Review Round 1

JN 666total at wp.pl
Tue Jan 7 11:10:03 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 7 January 2020 at 10:25:36 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> "unsafe" does not say that the written code is doing anything
> wrong. "unsafe" means that the compiler isn't doing what is
> expected from a proper high level language in terms of catching
> illegal constructs.

I actually like how "unsafe" sounds dangerous. It sounds like
something to be avoided, and that's how unsafe should be used in
a safe-aware code. You should avoid using it unless needed, and
when used it should scream at you "this is dangerous". Kind of
like UPPERCASE_DEFINE_MACROS in C.