std.fileformats?

berni44 dlang at d-ecke.de
Tue Jan 7 12:17:57 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 7 January 2020 at 00:10:08 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> After so many decades of academia and industry alike trumpeting
> code reuse, I'm starting to become skeptical that perhaps King
> Code Reuse has invisible clothes. Dependency hell is a smell
> suggesting that something is fundamentally wrong with the
> concept.

Years ago I came to the same conclusion but in a completely
different area: I was programming generators for sudoku puzzles
and it's variants. This looks like being ideal for OOP, because
all those variations are quit similar, but it proved not to be.
The puzzles, the program produced, where not really good. And the
reason was, that every variation needs it's own optimization for
good results and that was almost impossible with all those code
sharing. Eventually I rewrote everything with a single program
for every variation. That worked much better, although it was
code repetition over and over again.