D enters Tiobe top 20

p.shkadzko p.shkadzko at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 18:50:36 UTC 2020

On Monday, 4 November 2019 at 09:03:04 UTC, RazvanN wrote:
> Good news, everyone!
>
> D has entered the Tiobe top 20 ranking of programming languages
> [1], landing on the 18th position. I have been keeping an eye
> on this index, and it is for the first time that I see this
> happening.
>
> Cheers,
> RazvanN
>
> [1] https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/

In top 20 there is also Delphi/Object Pascal, Assembly and Visual
Basic .NET :) I believe their positions barely reflect the
popularity of these languages.

Funny that D TIOBE popularity growth kind of coincided with me
finishing reading "Programming in D" by Ali and starting spending
a lot of time online and heavily using search engines, on a daily
basis. Just saying :D

It is still nice, index is index and any publicity is good for
the language.