DIP 1028 @safe by default: compilability list of all dub packages

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Tue Jan 7 22:55:31 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 11:44:15 AM MST H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 11:12:14AM +0000, Andrea Fontana via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> > On Monday, 6 January 2020 at 23:05:29 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> > > I think we can still fix a little bit but I don't think we can go
> > > above 50% just by fixing phobos, dependencies on dub now also need
> > > to be updated (my index currently only uses a fixed version and
> > > isn't updated with any new releases)
> >
> > We should try to write a tool like dustmite to annotate everything
> > with @system and then removing the @system annotations while it works.
> >
> > :)
>
> This is actually a good idea!  It would alleviate the tedium of doing it
> manually, and it can be run as an upgrade tool on your source tree and
> more-or-less guarantee compilable code afterwards.  This should address
> many of the complaints about code breakage.

One thing anyone writing such a tool would have to remember though is that
any functions within a template or which have their return type inferred
shouldn't have any attributes slapped on them, because they're inferred for
those types of functions.

- Jonathan M Davis