DIP 1028---Make @safe the Default---Community Review Round 1

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Wed Jan 8 11:19:45 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 8 January 2020 at 05:47:15 UTC, Mathias Lang wrote:
> On Saturday, 4 January 2020 at 10:22:34 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>> [...]
>
> When providing results, it is best to provide your methodology
> alongside them so people can reproduce. So is there somewhere
> public I can find your build scripts ?
>
> I myself gave a try to the switch, but I didn't expect
> *anything* to work, as I was sure druntime/Phobos would not
> compile with '-preview=safedefault', and as I mentioned
> already, we'll hit linker error if we don't compile them with
> '-preview=safedefault'.
>
> The results I got were as I expected
> (https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/10709#issuecomment-571899986), which seems to be at odds with what you're seeing.

I didn't compile druntime or phobos with the -preview=safedefault
flag, only the dub packages.

The command for building the dub packages is at the very top.

dmd-safe-wrapper is a simple .sh file like this:
/opt/dmd-safe/dmd/generated/linux/release/64/dmd
-preview=safedefault "$@"

see the other thread in general for replies pls