Beeflang - open source performance-oriented compiled programming language

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 17:41:31 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 9 January 2020 at 17:19:38 UTC, Gregor Mückl wrote:
> [snip]
>
> do {} has a separate meaning in beef. These blocks are not
> looping, but using break; is valid in them to skip to their
> end. While this is certainly creative, I don't know if it all
> that useful. But it burns the "do" keyword in the grammar and
> something else is required to start a do/while block.

I think his point is that do {} while(false) is basically a
non-looping do statement. So you can use breaks within it like
below (adapting the example from beeflang.org). The only
difference I can see is that you can return from Beef's do
statement. There's probably a way to do that in D, but I haven't
thought a lot about it.

void main() {
     int result;
     do {