nothrow by default

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Thu Jan 9 22:10:01 UTC 2020

On 09.01.20 11:32, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> I wouldn't mind us getting rid of Error in favor of killing the program on
> the spot, since that's actually better for debugging,

It really depends. There are situations where it may be better, but if
you are trying to debug a non-deterministic condition that happens very
rarely on someone else's machine exclusively in release builds,
depending on a lot of user input, druntime shutting down the code that
is supposed to collect enough information for you to have a chance to
figure out what is going on in detail can hardly be described as
"better". It should be possible to hook the kill function at least.