DIP 1028---Make @safe the Default---Community Review Round 1

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 23:54:03 UTC 2020

On 1/9/20 6:26 PM, ag0aep6g wrote:
> It's done that way in other parts of the code [2]. The problem is that
> `getR1` and `getR2` are not safe. So they're invalid if we take the spec
> seriously.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. They are not safe, nor are they
intended to be, they are trusted escapes. But they only live inside the
function that uses them, and only called when they are safe.

Your reference is even better, the function is only defined within the
context where it is valid.

In any case, I'll look at making a PR in a bit. No need to keep
discussing in this thread.

-Steve