Flutter engine based ui framework

Sebastiaan Koppe mail at skoppe.eu
Sun Jan 12 17:23:05 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 12 January 2020 at 14:15:35 UTC, Newbie2019 wrote:
> But there is project to rewrite Flutter framework in TypeScript
> and C++ language, so they can developer mobile and desktop and
> IOT UI framework from TypeScript and C++.
>
> [...]
>
> D has native C++ ABI support, is there any one interested to
> implement flutter framework on D language ?

I rather generate bindings to them. Implementing a flutter
framework is a lot of work and maintaining that even more; I
rather have someone else do it.

For the last half decade there has been a push to composable UI
components, I think we should push that further and have the
components cross the language barrier. Why shouldn't I be able to
construct React Native or Flutter components in my D app? If you
compare all the declarative UI frameworks on a high level you can
see they are all pretty much the same: nested components with
properties and callbacks.