Change D's brand color to blue.

James Lu jamtlu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 04:21:54 UTC 2020

As we know, D has a branding problem. I suggest a small step
towards fixing that branding problem, namely changing D's brand
color to a shade of blue.

Red is associated with excitement, danger, anger, and action.
Danger and anger and excitement are not positive qualities of a
systems programming language. They amplify the primal fear some
people have of GC. In contrast, blue reflects stability, harmony,
and trust. These are all qualities we like in a systems
programming language. In other words, blue triggers emotions that
should be associated with systems programming language, which is
what D desires to be.

Go, C, and C++ all use blue. Rust's logo is black, and the rest
of its website is an even mix of the rainbow.