Change D's brand color to blue.

berni44 dlang at d-ecke.de
Mon Jan 13 07:46:22 UTC 2020

On Monday, 13 January 2020 at 04:21:54 UTC, James Lu wrote:
> As we know, D has a branding problem. I suggest a small step
> towards fixing that branding problem, namely changing D's brand
> color to a shade of blue.

I suggested a similar thing a few weeks ago [1]. Since then I
pondered from time to time about this and meanwhile I think, it
isn't necessary to give up on red (which has historic reasons: D
was called Mars in former days). But I'd suggest to change the
color of the links on the website to blue - from the perspective
of a designer it's an optimum second color to red (so called
120°-color). This would make allready a huge difference. I
actually wanted to file a PR, but have not found the time to do
so (or more correct: other things were more important to me).

[1]
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/aezgbwcfrfvzvewjeodw@forum.dlang.org