Flutter engine based ui framework

Newbie2019 newbie2019 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 14:01:58 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 12 January 2020 at 15:39:47 UTC, Petar Kirov
[ZombineDev] wrote:

> * Start with a low-level API - windows and basic drawing -
> similar to the level of skia [1]. See how far I can go with
> @nogc.
>
> * End-goal: high-level functional-style API, similar to Elm,
> React.js and Flutter. For state-management I have experience
> with RX [3] and Redux [4][5], but I also recently started
> looking to @ngrx/data [6] for inspiration. I have several years
> of professional experience with WPF/SL and MVVM, but I really
> want run away from that, in terms of API design.

I will try your skia project.

On Sunday, 12 January 2020 at 17:23:05 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
wrote:
> I rather generate bindings to them. Implementing a flutter
> framework is a lot of work and maintaining that even more; I
> rather have someone else do it.

I agree to start the project could use bindings to reduce the
work and easy maintain.
MXFlutter translate TypeScript object into dart vm object, they
are also choice this way.

If the project is stable and a lot user, it worth to migrate the
framework into D.  Because this way could provide best
performance compare the a VM language. The snap UI experience
will be a big win for D on mobile platform.

> For the last half decade there has been a push to composable UI
> components, I think we should push that further and have the
> components cross the language barrier. Why shouldn't I be able
> to construct React Native or Flutter components in my D app? If
> you compare all the declarative UI frameworks on a high level
> you can see they are all pretty much the same: nested
> components with properties and callbacks.

Is there any example project for this kind attempt?

https://github.com/lc-soft/trad translate javascript into c, but
not a cross language solution.

On Monday, 13 January 2020 at 02:10:43 UTC, zoujiaqing wrote:
> I was thinking about it a year ago.
> Also ready to do it, just don't have free time to advance the
> client project.

good to know there is someone think it is doable.