Change D's brand color to blue.

uranuz neuranuz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 18:00:42 UTC 2020

On Monday, 13 January 2020 at 04:21:54 UTC, James Lu wrote:
> As we know, D has a branding problem. I suggest a small step
> towards fixing that branding problem, namely changing D's brand
> color to a shade of blue.
>
> Red is associated with excitement, danger, anger, and action.
> Danger and anger and excitement are not positive qualities of a
> systems programming language. They amplify the primal fear some
> people have of GC. In contrast, blue reflects stability,
> harmony, and trust. These are all qualities we like in a
> systems programming language. In other words, blue triggers
> emotions that should be associated with systems programming
> language, which is what D desires to be.
>
> Go, C, and C++ all use blue. Rust's logo is black, and the rest
> of its website is an even mix of the rainbow.

No thanks. Blue is a corporate color. I got sick of if already.
When I see blue I want to go to bed and sleep instead of doing
work. And blue is not good for health of my eyes, because energy
of blue light is higher that other color (by law of physics). So
your eyes got more `radiation` and get tired quicker. I  I would
agree to green or orange, but no `shades of blue`, please...
I like red color. Let it be as it is. Red light has lowest energy
in visible spectre, so it is good for eyes. I often switch my
text editor to red color theme. And it works well, because I want
to sleep less and my eyes are not so tired.