Flutter engine based ui framework

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 15:01:06 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 14 January 2020 at 12:01:05 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> Yes, although it makes more sense to do all the UI stuff in
> Dart and instead use other languages as "service providers".

I'm sceptical of that. I do basically the same with Bridge.Net
(with the difference that big part of "services" code is also in
C#). This isn't a design decision, the architechture is this way
because spasm didn't exist yet when I started, D was added later.

And I can tell you that interfacing D-borne wasm with Bridge.Net
is a low of work. D code can't take or pass JavaScript objects
directly due to how WASM is designed, only their indexes if they
are positioned in a purpose-built global array. This means that
if you want to call your D functions in any easily readable way,
you have to develop an automatic interface template in the ui
language - introspection capabilites of D will not help. Perhaps
those can be done in C# or Dart, but sounds unlikely to me that
it could be done even nearly as well.