DIP 1029---Add throw as Function Attribute---Community Review Round 1

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Wed Jan 15 05:51:37 UTC 2020

On 15.01.20 06:05, Arine wrote:
> On Wednesday, 15 January 2020 at 02:42:09 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
>> On 14.01.20 18:24, Arine wrote:
>>>
>>> It's not even solving a problem.
>>
>> That's just plainly untrue. It solves the problem that if you put
>>
>> nothrow:
>>
>> There is no way to invert it for specific functions that you want to
>> be able to throw. It's explained in the DIP.
>
> The first sentence

The remainder of your post was just more of the same bad logic. I can
reformulate my answer to make more clear how it relates to your post:
It's clearly solving a problem. The DIP illustrates a problem and solves
a problem that exists. The problem is that `nothrow` does not have an
inverse and it is a sufficient enough solution to that problem.

> of a comment in the middle of someone else's discussion

This is the Community Review for DIP 1029. If you don't want your
comments criticized, please don't post them here. This is not the place
to have private conversations. Thanks!