DIP 1029---Add throw as Function Attribute---Community Review Round 1

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Jan 15 07:33:14 UTC 2020

On 1/14/2020 3:04 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> to make `nothrow:` (etc) go into the child scopes except templates means we have
> a less disruptive way to make this work without formally changing the defaults.

As I remarked before, this will have the unintended consequence of causing the
"best practice" to be listing all the attributes at the opening brace of all
struct declarations just in case someone 5000 lines previously added an:

     attribute:

Best practice:

     struct S
     {
         throw @safe pure @nogc etc. etc. etc. etc. ...

and then have to remember to add to that list for every new attribute. It's
ugly, and people are going to hate it.